- Chuck Roast Small ( 2.0 - 2.5 lbs)
- (One, medium, cut into 1" pieces) Onion
- (1) Pear, firm, cut into chunks
- (1) Apple, firm variety like Gala or Winesap, cut into chunks
- (1/4 tsp) allspice
- (1/4 teaspoon) Pepper, black
- (1 teaspoon) salt
- (1/3 cup) Unsweetened apple juice or cider
- (1/3 cup) Beef Broth
- (8 oz package) Dried Mixed Fruit
- (2 Tablespoons) Olive Oil
Start with a completely thawed roast for best results.
Drizzle oil in the bottom of the crock pot and add onions and dried fruit. Top with roast and add the spices, apple juice or cider, broth and chunks of apple and pear. Cook on low for 10 hours
Heat oil in Instant Pot on Saute setting. Add onions and dried fruit, stir to coat onions and cook until just beginning to caramelize (about 4 minutes). Add roast, spices, 1/4 cup apple juice and 1/4 cup beef broth, and top with chunks of apple and pear.
Turn Instant pot OFF, then lock lid in place and set to slow cook for 10 hours.