Set your holiday table with an Eden Pure Beef roast this year!
(2 cups, shredded) Shoulder Roast
(8 slices) sturdy bread
(3 Tablespoons) butter
(medium, thinly sliced) onions
(to taste) Salt & Pepper
(4 slices) Provolone Cheese
(4 slices) Cheddar Cheese
(1/2 Cup) Mayonnaise
(3 Tablespoons) Steak Sauce
- Re-heat the pot roast in the microwave. Butter one side of all 8 slices of bread.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet. Add onions and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until onions are soft and golden brown
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. Spread a layer of the sauce on the unbuttered side of 4 slices of bread. Top with a piece of cheddar cheese.
- Top each slice of cheddar with about 1/2 cup of pot roast, a generous portion of onions, and the slice of Provolone cheese. Top with the remaining slice of bread, buttered side out.
- Grill, flipping once, until both sides are browned and crispy.
- Serve patty melts with the remaining sauce, for dipping.