- (3 pounds) Ox Tail
- (1 quart) beef stock (bone broth)
- (1/2 medium) onion, coarsely chopped
- (1/2", sliced thinly) fresh ginger
- (1 14-oz can) tomatoes, diced
- (2) bay leaves
- (1/2 teaspoon) sea salt
- (1/4 teaspoon) coarse black pepper
- (1 medium) russet potato
- (2 medium) carrots, chopped
- (2 cups) cabbage, chopped
Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot except potato, carrot, and cabbage. Arrange oxtails in a single layer to ensure even cooking.
Seal the lid and make sure valve is closed.
Select high pressure and set timer to 45 minutes.
Allow to depressurize on its own for 10 minutes before using quick release to finish depressurizing.
(optional - if you want to remove the meat from the bones, take out the oxtails and use a pair of tongs to pull the meat from the bones and return the meat to the pot)
Add potato, carrot, and cabbage. replace lid and make sure valve is closed.
select high pressure and set timer for 7 minutes.
Allow instant pot to depressurize on its own for 5 minutes then release remaining pressure manually.