- (3 pounds of Sirloin or other lean roast, such as London Broil) Sirloin Roast, Medium, (2.5 - 3 pounds)
- (2 Tablespoons) McCormicks Steak and Chop Rub
- (1/2 cup) Fresh cilantro
- (1/4 cup) Fresh Basil
- (1 Tablespoon) fresh thyme leaves
- (4, crushed) Garlic Cloves
- (1/4 cup) avocado oil or olive oil
- (1/2 teaspoon or to taste) kosher salt
- (1/2 teaspoon) Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
- Early in the morning or the night before:
- Work the steak rub into all sides of the roast, place into sous vide bag and squeeze or vacuum out the air.
- Set sous vide to 10ºF below your target temperature (should be 135 F (medium rare) - 150 F (medium), for a final "doneness" temperature of 145-160 F.) and submerge roast in bag. Set sous vide for 8 hours.
- An hour before serving, begin the chimichurri:
- In a food processor, mince herbs and garlic. Add olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix by hand.
Remove meat from the sous vide bag and pat dry. Heat 2T of avocado oil on high in a cast iron skillet and brown all sides of the roast. Check internal temperature. If it is not at your desired target, cover and rest in a warm oven (170 F) for 10 minutes and check again.
- Serve with chimichurri and slice meat thin, against the grain.